The Association was incorporated in Victoria on 20th December 1995 under the provisions of the Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (State of Victoria, Commonwealth of Australia). We have a membership of 62 persons / businesses in Australia and New Zealand.
Background of ANDA
ANDA was established to “develop co-operation between dealers, to promote the interests of the hobby of numismatics in both collectors and commercial spheres and also develop ethical standards.” Formed originally as a sub-committee of the Numismatic Association of Australia (NAA), ANDA was independently incorporated as an association in the state of Victoria on December 20th, 1995.
The purposes of ANDA Inc. are to:
- Promote, develop and maintain a high standard of business ethics among those engaged directly and indirectly in the merchandising of Numismatics, Philatelic and other collectables as deemed appropriate by the Committee from time to time.
- Protect and advance the interests of members, promoting mutual trust and friendship.
- Actively promote the hobby of Numismatics and foster confidence in and respect for ANDA members.
- Arbitrate disputes, mediate and settle differences between members and between members and non-members.
- Provide a medium for the exchange of trade and credit information among members.
- Disseminate accurate and reliable information of interest to members through trade papers, releases, meetings and other appropriate means.
- Promote the interchange of information relating to forged, faked, repaired or otherwise unsatisfactory items and take action believed appropriate, including legal proceedings, to prevent or reduce the issuing, making or distribution of such items.
- Investigate any legislation or other measures affecting the rights or interests of members and seek amendments where desirable.
- Form and establish local, state or regional chapters of ANDA.
- Engage, appoint, support and assist experts and other persons to consider and advise upon all questions relating to collectables.
Membership is open to both individuals and companies, subject to compliance with the Association rules. Briefly membership is confined to those whose sole or main occupation is trading in collectables or related materials primarily related to Numismatics. New applicants must have been trading full time for at least twelve months or two years part-time before they can join. Membership and other inquiries should be directed to the Executive Officer (contact [email protected]).
We a proudly host and manage the Money Expo multiple times a year across Australia, which has come to be one of the largest numismatic trade shows in the southern hemisphere.